Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Annemiek's Pasta Sauce of Deliciousness.

My room-mate's mother, Annemiek, makes the most incredibly delicious pasta sauce. I am not a huge fan of pasta, and I am also not the sort of person to keep eating after I am full, but I will gorge myself on this pasta sauce until my stomach begs for mercy. In fact, to avoid obesity I need to restrict how often I make this recipe it is so good. It is also ridiculously simple:

You need:

- Bacon, to taste. I usually use about half a package.
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic (or to taste. Really you can't ever have too much garlic and bacon.)
- One large can of diced tomatoes.
- One package of cream cheese
- Spices (optional. I usually use oregano, basil, marjoram and parsley, but only a very little bit so as not to overwhelm.)
- fettuccine.

Cook the fettuccine in a separate pot. I assume you all know how to cook pasta. Dice the onion and garlic (we often use a garlic press). Chop the bacon into small strips (we do this by cutting the bacon with scissors). In a large cooking pot fry up the onions and bacon until mostly cooked. Add in the garlic and fry for a few more minutes before adding the diced tomatoes and the cream cheese. Simmer with the lid of to reduce while the pasta cooks, stirring often so as not to burn the cream cheese. Add the spices, though really, the sauce is tasty enough without them.

Add to fettuccine and enjoy. So simple, soooooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment